Closed-circuit television (CCTV), also known as video surveillance, is the use of video cameras to transmit a signal to a specific place, on a limited set of monitors. It differs from broadcast television in that the signal is not openly transmitted, though it may employ point-to-point (P2P), point-to-multipoint (P2MP), or mesh wired or wireless links. Even though almost all video cameras fit this definition, the term is most often applied to those used for surveillance in areas that require additional security or ongoing monitoring. (Videotelephony is seldom called “CCTV”)
The Security Video Technology Difference: Our CCTV camera systems and video surveillance integrations use industry leading hardware and software. Our CCTV systems are equipped with 4K, 8MP surveillance cameras, delivering crisp and clear footage. These are proven to deliver outstanding results like license plate identification and much more. Contact us today to learn more
CCTV Camera Role In Public Surveillance
Surveillance of the public using CCTV is common in many areas around the world. In recent years, the use of body worn video cameras has been introduced as a new form of surveillance, often used in law enforcement, with cameras located on a police officer’s chest or head. CCTV Camera Security offers your home or business significant benefits.
Top 5 Benefits of Using a CCTV Camera System
- In industrial plants, CCTV equipment may be used to observe parts of a process from a central control room. For example, when the environment is not suitable for humans. CCTV systems may operate continuously or only as required to monitor a particular event.
- Another benefit is the ability for more advanced CCTV camera systems to use digital video recorders (DVRs). These provide recording for possibly many years, with a variety of quality and performance options and extra features.
- CCTV systems allow for motion detection and email alerts.
- CCTV Video Systems can be configured to send notifications to email, mobile devices, and control centers.
- More recently, decentralized IP cameras, perhaps equipped with megapixel sensors, support recording directly to network-attached storage devices, or internal flash for completely stand-alone operation.
CCTV Camera System Trends
There were approximately 1 billion surveillance cameras in use worldwide in 2021. About 65% of these cameras were installed in Asia. The growth of CCTV has been slowing in recent years. The deployment of this technology has facilitated significant growth in state surveillance, a substantial rise in the methods of advanced social monitoring and control, and a host of crime prevention measures throughout the world.